What is PHP language ?
PHP language is a high level open source general-purpose scripting language which follow the rules of object oriented programming system like object, classes ,inheritance, Polymorphism , Encapsulation, Abstraction..
The PHP code is enclosed in start and end processing tags “
?>"that help to you to run in and out of “PHP mode.” Between these tag you can write you code of php.
How it is special from other language?
Specialty of PHP language
- It is simple for a newcomer
- It follow 3 tier architecture
- It is open Source
- Highly flexible
Advantages of PHP Language
- As PHP language is Open source language its has a large number of CMS’s such as Drupal and WordPress.
- PHP codes are easy to deploy you just need to upload on server .
- Since PHP language follow the concept of OOPS you can create a robust, fast and efficient application.
- Being a open source php has many strong framework to create large application .(Laravel,Symfony,CodeIgniter and many more).
- PHP language has very powerful library support you can easily find functional modules you need such as image, mail etc..
Disadvantages of PHP
- Since it is open sourced, if there are bugs in the source code, it can be used by people to explore the weakness of PHP.
- Not suitable for large applications since it is not very modular.
- Indirect or implicit conversion may surprise unwary programmers and lead to unexpected bugs.